The LEAD Model
Our model is guided by the following principles:
- An integrated combination of academic, nonacademic and community supports are imperative to OA/UC student success
- Content and instruction must be rigorous and personalized to accelerate learning
- High-quality teachers and student services staff are essential to OA/UC student achievement
- OA/UC students must be active drivers of their own learning
- OA/UC students must be able to make connections between classroom instruction and real-world applications
- OA/UC students must be afforded constant opportunities for leadership development.
Our innovative model reengages young people via active participation in rigorous and relevant content and standards-driven, competency-based instruction aligned with emerging market demands.
LEAD Charter School is the most innovative, supportive and successful high school in Newark. It is designed to look, feel and operate radically differently from traditional high schools.
The LEAD philosophy is grounded in our partner agency YouthBuild Newark’s 15 years of experience in improving educational outcomes for off-track youth.